Just when I think the Instant pot can’t get any great it makes something like THIS.
IE: the easiest weeknight dinner that is INCREDIBLY fast and all feels SO freaking fancy that you are not even going to believe that it came out of your kitchen FOR REAL.
Oh, don’t mind you, you’re just giving Martha Stewart a run for her MONEY!
Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin Ingredients
All you REALLY need to cook pork tenderloin in Instant Pot are:
- Pork tenderloin (of course)
- Olive oil
But, because we’re doing an Asian spin, you will also need a few other things to make the sticky-sweet sauce. Round up:
- Sesame oil
- Soy sauce
How to Cook Pork Tenderloin in the Instant Pot
The beauty of using the Instant Pot to make pork tenderloin instead of the oven like in a rosemary pork tenderloin sheet pan dinner OR the grill for a grilled pork loin is that it is SO MUCH faster and, thanks to the steam all being LOCKED IN, so much juicier!
How to do it:
Turn your Instant Pot to sauté mode and heat up your oils. Once hot, add in the pork tenderloin and sear on all sides until golden brown, this will take about 3-4 minutes.
Once seared, remove the pork tenderloin from the Instant Pot and stir together the water and soy sauce and put into the pot. You need some kind of liquid or else the Instant Pot will burn! Place a trivet in the pot and then place the pork on it. Don’t put the pork directly into the pot or burned pork tenderloin will be what’s for dinner!
Cook on manual high pressure until an instant read meat thermometer inserted in the center reads 145°F and you are DONE!
How Long to Cook Pork Tenderloin in the Instant Pot
So, this could vary based on how thick your tenderloin is. I found my instant pot pork loin was good after 3 minutes at high pressure for the most part. I did have one thicker tenderloin that needed an extra minute. So, I recommend starting with 3 minutes and then doing a second round of 1 minute if need be!
See? SUPER SPEEDY. Pretty much wanting to make instant pot pork tenderloin recipes forever and ever the end.
What to Serve with Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin?
Honestly, you could keep it SUPER simple and serve some rice, to go with the whole “Asian” theme. But if you feel like being more exciting with your sides, I also recommend:
It’s the kind of meal that you could make on a busy weeknight when the kids are out of control and you pretty much have no time to eat OR you could make it when company is coming, serve a glass of wine and no one would know it took you 3 MINUTES.
Now that is a kind of dinner that I can get down with.
Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 2 Pork Tenderloin
- 4 Olive Oil
- 2 Sesame Oil
- 0.5 Chicken Broth (not reduced sodium)
- 4 Water
- 4 Low Sodium Soy Sauce (gluten free if needed)
- 4 Honey
- 1 Fresh Ginger minced
- 1 Cornstarch
- Fresh Cilantro for garnish
- Cut the silvery skin off the pork tenderloin.
- Heat the olive oil and the sesame oil in your Instant Pot on sauté mode. Once hot, add in the pork tenderloin and cook until all the sides are golden brown and seared, turning every minute or so. This will take about 3-4 minutes.
- Once seared, remove the pork from the Instant Pot. Stir together the water and soy sauce and pour into the Instant Pot. Place a trivet inside your pot and put the pork on top. Cover and cook on manual pressure for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, let the Instant Pot stand for 5 minutes, then do a quick steam release and check your pork. It should be 145 degrees F. If you have a very big pork, you may need to cook it an extra 1 minute under manual pressure and then let it stand for 2 minutes and do an instant steam release.
- Transfer the cooked pork to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add the honey and ginger to the Instant Pot, stirring well. Additionally, place the cornstarch in a small bowl and whisk in 2 tsp of the sauce until smooth. While whisking, pour this mixture back into the pot until well mixed.
- Turn the pot to sauté and cook, stirring constantly, until the glaze is thick, about 7-10 minutes.
- Drizzle the glaze over the pork and garnish with cilantro.