I bought it for myself as a Mother’s Day gift (shhh! That can be our secret, right?) There was a steal of a deal on Amazon and my sweet hubby is not only working full time, but also doing a full-time master’s program.
Plus, the whole dad of 2 small children thing and the occasional need to sleep.
He came to me a few days before and apologized that Mother’s Day wasn’t going to be awesome that weekend. We were going out of town the day before, so we were traveling and weren’t going to be able to celebrate like we normally did.
I told him that he was giving me a great Mother’s Day and I just loved the Instant Pot that “he” bought me.
I did have a very nice Mother’s Day. We were staying with friends, and my hubby got up with the kids so I could sleep in, and then our hosts cooked me breakfast! Crispy potatoes, sausage, scrambled eggs…
I love my instant pot because as a busy work-at-home mom with 2 small children, it saves my butt when dinner hour hits.
My very favorite thing about my instant pot is that I have the ability to sear meats or sauté veggies before sealing it up. It is a great way to add a lot of color and flavor to a dish and doesn’t make any extra dishes!
I used my instant pot to sauté some frozen butternut squash and cranberries with a few slices of bacon and fresh rosemary. Then I butterflied a turkey tenderloin and spooned the butternut filling inside before rolling the tenderloin back up.
I kept it from opening by poking the hardy stem of my rosemary through the edge, but if you have some cooking twine that will be even easier.
I quickly seared the turkey, and then toasted a little rice in my Instant Pot before deglazing the pan with some white wine, adding water for the rice, and then sealing it up.
When I opened my Instant pot up about 20 minutes later, my kitchen smelled like I had spent hours slaving over a Thanksgiving dinner, but in reality, I had spent less than 30 for this one pot Instant pot meal!
Instant Pot Stuffed Turkey Tenderloin Recipe
- 2 Turkey Breast Tenderloins
- 2 Bacon Diced
- 1.5 Diced Butternut Squash Fresh or frozen
- 1 Fresh Cranberries
- 1 Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Fresh Rosemary Optional
- 2 White Rice
- 0.5 Dry White Wine
- 3.5 Chicken Broth Or water
- Set your Instant Pot to “Sauté” and sauté the diced bacon until it just begins to crisp around the edges and some of the fat has melted. Add the butternut squash, cranberries, chopped rosemary and saute until the squash is golden on the edges and the bacon is crisp.
- Meanwhile butterfly your turkey tenderloins by gently slicing them lengthwise ALMOST all the way through, leaving the edge attached. Open each tenderloin up like a butterfly.
- Once the filling is done, gently spoon it into the center of each turkey tenderloin. Fold the tenderloin back up and seal the edge by weaving a rosemary sprig through the open edge, or tying the tenderloin with cooking twine.
- With your Instant Pot still on “Sauté” sear each side of the tenderloins for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden.
- Remove the tenderloins from the instant pot to make room for the rice. Add the rice to your instant pot and sauté for 1-2 minutes, just until it starts to smell nutty. Add the white wine and stir to deglaze.
- Add enough water or chicken broth to your instant pot to cook the rice (for me it was 3 1/2 cups since I already added the 1/2 cup of wine, but double check your Instant Pot Rice instructions.) Replace the tenderloins on top of the rice. Add the whole rosemary sprigs, if desired.
- Seal your Instant Pot and cook on “Rice”.
- Once finished cooking let the pressure come down naturally for at least 10 minutes before releasing the pressure valve.
- Remove the rosemary sprigs. Slice the tenderloin and serve it over the rice.