Have you ever made lemon curd before? I have to admit that I never had, except for the kind that you make for a lemon meringue pie I suppose, although it’s a little different.
But I recently discovered how easy it is to make homemade lemon curd – both on the stovetop and in the Instant Pot – and now I’m wondering why on earth I’ve taken so long to start making it.
My freezer is currently filled with jars of homemade lemon curd, so I’m using it in everything I can think of.
These lemon sugar cookie cups are one of our favourite ways to enjoy it so far. They’re like mini lemon tarts with sugar cookie crusts – so tasty and so easy to make.
We all loved these little lemon sugar cookie cups.
These are made with homemade Swig sugar cookie dough, baked in a mini muffin tin so the cookies are cup shaped, and then filled with this easy homemade lemon curd.
Seriously so good.
But then, I love any kind of lemon treat. It’s just such a fresh and bright flavour, that it’s hard to find a lemon recipe that I don’t like.
Although I don’t think that I’m alone on that!
Or breakfast-y things like these glazed lemon cranberry muffins, or glazed raspberry lemon bread. (I might have a thing for lemon and berries together!)
All delicious. Lemon things are amazing.
And these lemon sugar cookie cups are no exception. A tasty sugar cookie filled with a tart and sweet lemon curd – pretty sure they need to be made again soon!
Lemon Sugar Cookie Cups Recipe
- 0.5 Unsalted Butter
- 6 Vegetable Oil
- 0.5 Granulated Sugar plus 2 tablespoons
- 6 Powdered Sugar
- 1 Water
- 1 Egg
- 0.5 Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2.75 All-Purpose Flour
- 0.5 Salt
- 0.25 Baking Soda
- 0.25 Cream Of Tartar
- 1.25 Lemon Curd
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cream together the butter, oil, sugar, powdered sugar, water, eggs and vanilla until smooth and well combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture 1 cup at a time, mixing after each addition, until all of the dry ingredients have been incorporated into the dough.
- Roll the dough into 1 tablespoon sized balls and place them in the lightly greased cups of a mini muffin tin.
- Use the rounded bottom of a 1/2 tablespoon sized measuring spoon to press a well in the middle of each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 9-10 minutes, or until they are lightly browned on the edges.
- Remove them from the oven and re-press the well in the cookies while they are still warm.
- Let them cool completely in the muffin tin, then use the tip of a sharp knife to pop them out of the tin.
- Fill the wells in the cookie cups with 1/2 tablespoon of lemon curd.
- Store the cookie cups in an airtight container in the refrigerator and serve chilled. The cookies also freeze well for up to 3 months.