I am a meat and potatoes kinda girl, and my hips certainly show it. As long as I can remember, I have loved red meat.
Back in the 70’s, my Mom seemed to cook red meat all the time and one of her favorites to cook was London Broil. I can remember her marinating it in Wish Bone Italian Dressing for at least 2 days.
The flavor always sticks in my mind and London Broil remains one of my go-to meats. London Broil is generally affordable and is usually cut in a nice family size hunk-a-meat.
It is a tougher piece of meat, so it diffidently needs a nice long bath in a marinade. If you skip the marinading, you might just get lock jaw from chewing. Not good.
Take the time out of your day, 5 minutes tops to whip up my marinade… your meat will thank you for it.
London Broil Recipe
- 0.25 cup Red Table Wine
- 0.25 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 6 clove Garlic minced
- 0.5 tsp Black Pepper
- 0.25 tsp Kosher Salt
- 0.25 cup Olive Oil
- 2 pound London Broil
- In a medium measuring cup, whisk together the red wine, red wine vinegar,mustard, worcestershire, garlic,pepper,salt and olive oil.
- Place the London Broil in a gallon size freezer zip lock bag.
- Pour in the marinade.
- Place in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Remove the meat from the refrigerator, and allow to sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Heat grill to medium and grill the London Broil for 5-6 minutes per side for medium rare.