Summertime is the perfect time to sit by the pool and sip the day away. This simple margarita is made from fresh ingredients and only the best tequila.
I took ripe mangoes and pureed them until smooth. It’s a sweet puree that is also delicious when mixed with seltzer water. A perfect option for the under-21 crowd that wants to join in the fun.
Don’t fear the cilantro in this recipe. While it might seem odd to add an herb to a margarita it totally rounds out the flavor.
This drink is fruity, herbaceous and perfect for sipping the summer away!
For another under-21 option, make sure you check out Liz’s Mango Smoothie Recipe too.
Mango Margarita Recipe
- 1 Mango peeled and chopped
- 2 Fresh Orange Juice
- 1 Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Super Fine Sugar optional
- Kosher Salt for the rim of the glass
- Ice Cubes
- 3 Tequila of good quality
- 0.5 Lime juiced
- 3 Triple Sec
- 1 Fresh Cilantro finely chopped
- 1 Sparkling Seltzer Water
- In a high-speed blender or food processor add mango, orange juice, lime juice and optional sugar. Blend until smooth. If you are not using right away, store it in the refrigerator.
- Using a margarita or short cocktail glass, wet the rim (you can use water or lime juice) of the glass and dip into kosher salt.
- In a cocktail shaker, add ice, tequila, mango puree, lime juice, triple sec and cilantro. Shake until combined and cold.
- Pour into the prepared glass and top with seltzer water. Garnish with a lime slice if desired.