My son was complaining the other day about how the air conditioning went out in his school. He couldn’t believe how hot it was and that all they had to cool themselves with was a little fan.
He wasn’t going to get any sympathy from me because it wasn’t even that hot out. His bellyaching led me to do what every parent does at some point in their lives; we say the dreaded words “when I was a kid….”
I had to talk about how I never had air conditioning in school when I was growing up. We couldn’t even wear shorts unless the temperature hit 90°F, which he found to be extraordinary.
Kids don’t understand how different growing up is for each generation. School, clothes, activities; even the way we eat all varies from generation to generation.
I am lucky enough to have a mom that made everything from scratch when I was my son’s age. But when she needed a break she turned to fish sticks, corn dogs, Chef Boyardee, and Hamburger Helper.
There is nothing wrong with those items; there is a need for convenience food, especially with our busy lives. I do believe, however, that people today are more aware of what they put on the table. There is more knowledge and resources on nutritional values and healthy diets.
It’s just as easy to put together this Cheeseburger Skillet Dinner recipe or this Skillet Meatball Lasagna Recipe, as it is to make dinner from a box. And yes, fish sticks ARE simple, but so is this Mediterranean Salmon Sheet Pan dinner.
This meal has it all; flakey fish and fresh veggies that are sprinkled with lemon juice. A quick dressing is drizzled over top just before serving.
This is the kind of meal that will satisfy your family in any given weeknight but will impress your weekend guests as well!
Mediterranean Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe
- 0.5 Salmon
- 1 Small Potatoes
- 1 Fresh Green Beans
- 1 Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 0.33 Olive Oil plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 1 Salt divided
- 1 Black Pepper divided
- 2 Lemon
- 4 Garlic minced
- 0.75 Dried Greek Seasoning
- 2 Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a bowl, toss potatoes with olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Arrange the potatoes on a baking sheet, and bake for 20 minutes. Move potatoes to the edge of pan.
- Sprinkle salmon with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper and two cloves of garlic.
- Arrange the salmon in the center of the pan.
- Toss green beans with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper and arrange the beans on the pan.
- Squeeze lemons over the veggies and fish and add it to the veggies.
- Broil salmon and veggies for 10-12 minutes or until done, adding the tomatoes 2 minutes before cook time ends.
- Combine remaining garlic, 1/4 cup of oil, second lemon juiced, seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Drizzle over salmon before serving.
- Top with feta cheese.