It’s the first day of spring and I am thinking about getting my beach body ready. Okay, that might be a little bit of an exaggeration but I do want to be able to feel healthy and fit into my summer wardrobe.
So that means eating a bit lighter and getting plenty of lean protein, fruits and vegetables into my diet. This salad easily comes into the picture and it’s something I love making on a warm summer night.
There is no oven to turn on for this recipe and you can use precooked shrimp so the stove does not need to be used either. It is assembled in minutes so dinner is ready whenever you are. How convenient is that?
Typically I choose romaine lettuce over iceberg but for wedge salads I always going with a nice big crisp head of iceberg lettuce. It makes the salad look very high and I just don’t think it can really be a wedge if it’s not from a head of iceberg lettuce.
I love vinaigrette dressings so I decided to drizzle some on this one. But if you would rather use another dressing such as creamy Italian dressing like the Olive Garden has or a Catalina dressing, go to town and use what you like. The one thing I do recommend is to serve this salad with either pitas or soft flatbreads. You’ll want it to mop up whatever dressing you choose to use.
If you plan on making this salad ahead of time, keep it refrigerated and pour the dressing on right before serving it.
Mediterranean Shrimp Wedge Salad Recipe
- 0.25 Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Lemon Juice
- 2 Garlic crushed
- 1 Italian Herb Seasoning
- 0.5 Salt
- 2 Granulated Sugar
- 12 Shrimp jumbo, cooked, peeled and deveined
- 0.5 Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 Grape Tomatoes halved
- 1 Persian Cucumber chopped
- 0.5 Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 0.5 Greek Olives pitted and chopped
- 0.33 Roasted Red Pepper chopped
- 2 Fresh Chopped Parsley
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the shrimp and half the dressing. Refrigerate until ready to serve the salads.
- Cut the lettuce into 4 even -sized wedges. Wedges can be placed on individual plates or on a large platter.
- Top each lettuce wedge with evenly divided amounts of the tomatoes, chopped cucumbers, feta cheese, olives and red peppers. Top off each wedge with the divided shrimp.
- Drizzle the remaining dressing on the salads and garnish with fresh parsley.