I’m in love with Oreos. That wasn’t always the case, but they’ve grown on me more and more ever since the advent of the Golden Birthday Cake Oreos. That was the gateway Oreo that got me obsessed with all other Oreos, including Mint, Lemon, even Cookie Dough Oreos, and now Peanut Butter… of course.
I still give the Berry-flavored ones a sideways, skeptical glance when I see them at the grocery store. Are those good?? And Root Beer? Um, despite a love of root beer as a beverage, that version of an Oreo does not sound appealing to me at all. Anyone have a verdict on those?
And, how is it that different flavored Oreos only became a thing just a few short years ago??? They needed to be invented a loooooong time ago. Thank goodness we live in an era with a multitude of unique Oreo flavors, am I right?
As my love of Oreos has grown in the last 1.5 years, so has my desire to make those mini cheesecakes with an Oreo for a crust. I’ve had the best intentions to make those for a while, but they’ve gotten away from me. When I tasted the Peanut Butter Oreos though, I knew it was the perfect time!!
These mini Peanut Butter Oreo cheesecakes are blessedly simple and quick to throw together. The crust is already made – plunk an entire Oreo cookie into the bottom of a paper cupcake liner, and you are done. It doesn’t get easier than that.
I used my favorite cheesecake recipe in the world as a base for the filling to these mini cheesecakes. That recipe makes a creamy, rich, and dense cheesecake, without being too heavy. With some tweaking and adjustments, it was the perfect filling for these mini cheesecakes. It’s full of creamy peanut butter, peanut butter chips, and chocolate chips.
If there was any other way to stuff more peanut butter into these things, you know I would’ve done it. But with peanut butter filling in the Oreo, peanut butter-flavored cheesecake, and peanut butter chips, I was tapped out. If I forgot any other method for cramming PB in these, please fill me in. I’d hate to go through life knowing there was another way, but that I didn’t do it. That’d be terrible!
As an added bonus, there’s also no shortage of chocolate here. 😉
Mini Peanut Butter Oreo Cheesecakes Recipe
- 16 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese
- 0.66 Granulated Sugar
- 1 Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Egg Room temperature
- 1 Creamy Peanut Butter
- 0.5 Mini Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 0.5 Peanut Butter Chips
- 16 Peanut Butter Oreo Cookie
- 0.33 Semisweet Chocolate Chips Melted, for optional garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in sugar and vanilla.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in peanut butter.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.
- Line muffin pans with regular-sized muffin cups with paper liners. (You’ll need 16 cupcake liners in all. I have 2 pans, and made 2 batches – a first batch of 12, and a second batch of 4.)
- Place one whole Oreo cookie at the bottom of each cupcake liner.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350°F for 18-20 minutes, or until edges of cheesecakes are light golden brown and centers are almost set.
- Place the pans on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Remove the cheesecakes from the muffins pans, and remove the paper cupcake liners.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate chips (optional). Store in refrigerator.