Fresh vegetables and herbs are also added so the bowls are as pretty as they are tasty. I’m all for getting some pho or ramen at a restaurant but also like to make my own big bowl of soup at home.
Up until the past few years, I did not know what real ramen soup was. The only ramen I had eaten was the square packages that I made in college.
Let me tell you that this ramen soup is much tastier and much healthier!
Really good broth for ramen or pho can take hours to make. While I love making my own, it really can be time consuming.
So I decided to use a miso broth which I bought in the carton. I used a ginger miso which has tons of flavors.
I purchased it at Trader Joe’s, but already prepared miso broth can also be bought at Whole Foods, some health food stores, or an Asian grocery store.
When the weather is chilly I really crave comfort food. Soup is such a satisfying meal, especially when it is loaded with shrimp, mushrooms and noodles.
I added cilantro to this ramen soup but fresh basil would be just as good. The fresh herbs give the bowl plenty of color and flavor.
I love them so much that I even grow a few pots on my windowsill in the winter. While you could use dried herbs, I really think fresh make the dish so much better.
This ramen soup is very versatile as you could add any protein that you like. There are plenty of choices of vegetables also.
Just make sure the vegetables are shredded or cut into small pieces so that they cook really quickly.
I like to cook my ramen noodles in a separate pot and add them at the end. This way there are no mushy noodles.
Make a bowl of this comfort food for your family today. It is the perfect dinner on a chilly, cold or snowy night.
Actually, I wouldn’t mind eating it on a night that’s not so chilly also.
Miso Shrimp Soup with Ramen Recipe
- 32 Miso Broth (prepared)
- 1 Sliced Mushrooms cleaned
- 8 Shrimp (medium) peeled and deveined
- 2 Green Onion cleaned and chopped
- 2 Cooked Ramen Noodles
- 0.25 Chopped Cilantro plus extra for garnish
- Sriracha Chili Sauce to taste
- In a medium size sauce pan, heat the broth on medium high heat and add mushrooms.
- Bring liquid to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and green onions. Cook for two minutes or until shrimp are pink and stir in cilantro.
- Pour the broth into individual bowls. Add the noodles to each bowl and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with Sriracha sauce.