Put a jar of Nutella in front of me and it doesn’t stand a chance, especially if there’s fruit involved.
There’s no better way to feed my cravings than this No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake.
Nestled inside an Oreo cookie crust is a creamy cheesecake filling loaded with Nutella and topped off with crushed Ferrero Rocher candies, a chocolate whipped cream and a drizzle of Nutella.
I am a cheesecake fanatic. It’s one of my favorite desserts, but also the one I make the least.
It’s a true indulgence and is something special to me, so I don’t often get to enjoy it.
I also have to eat the whole slice by myself because my husband doesn’t care for it, but there are worse problems to be had.
I have a particular soft spot for no-bake cheesecakes.
Of course, there’s a full chapter dedicated to my beloved cheesecakes.
At this point, I’ve made dozens and dozens of varieties. Every once in a while, I run across someone who tells me they don’t much care for no-bake cheesecake.
I ask them to give one of mine a try and I am pleased to say it usually changes their mind.
Let’s break down the layers of this Nutella Cheesecake.
The Crust is a standard Oreo cookie crust made in a springform pan. If you’d like to learn more about how to do this, I invite you to check out my tutorial on making a no-bake crust.
If Oreos aren’t your thing, you can certainly make a graham cracker crust or just about any other type of cookie.
I always recommend preparing the crust first and throwing in the refrigerator or freezer to let the crust stiffen up a bit prior to adding the filling.
This make it much easier to spread the filling without the crust breaking apart.
Nutella Cheesecake Filling
The filling is made with 6 simple ingredients:
- heavy cream and powdered sugar for a homemade whipped cream. If you’re not comfortable making this, don’t worry. I have a whole blog post dedicated for how to make whipped cream.
- cream cheese, it’s best to use a full-fat cream cheese for any cheesecake, baked or no-baked. The cream cheese should be slightly softened. If you plan ahead to bring it to room temperature, great. If you’re lazy like me, then throw in the microwave for 10-15 seconds per side at 70% power. It should not be melted, but just soft enough so that it’s easier to incorporate into the other ingredients.
- a touch of granulated sugar and vanilla extract to balance out the tangy cream cheese. Once you’ve beaten the cream cheese until it’s nice and smooth, add the sugar and vanilla and beat it until it’s well combined.
- A heaping cup of creamy Nutella spread. It’s best to scrape down the bowl a couple times to make sure it’s well mixed.
Once your filling is ready, pour it into the prepared crust and pop it in the fridge for a few hours to set.
Second to the filling, the toppings are the most important part and really give the WOW factor to your dessert.
I always recommend adding these last, and prior to serving. One reason being is that I like to remove the edges of my springform pan prior to decorating.
I love adding a whipped cream topping, but this time I opted to add a little bit of cocoa powder to make a chocolate whipped cream.
Totally optional, but either would work.
For the finishing touches, I’ve added chopped Ferrero Rocher candies with a drizzle of Nutella.
Spoon a couple tablespoons of Nutella into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds or until the Nutella drizzles off your spoon.
Normally I wouldn’t eat Ferrero Rocher but I love the crunchy texture on top of the silky smooth cheesecake filling, so it’s worth it to me.
If you don’t have Ferrero Rocher, you could opt for a crushed cookie, chopped hazelnuts or some fresh fruit.
Important recipe notes
- If you need to prepare the cheesecake ahead of time, you can also freeze it. Make sure it’s tightly covered and thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Once refrigerated, it’s best served within 3 days.
- Add the final garnishes prior to serving if possible, removing the edges of the springform pan first.
- If you don’t want to make a whipped cream for the filling, you can use one 8-ounce container of Cool Whip.
- One 7-ounce jar of Nutella is more than enough for this recipe.
Looking for more no bake recipes? Try these easy No Bake Peanut Butter Balls
No Bake Nutella Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 Oreos
- 0.5 Unsalted Butter melted
- 1.25 Heavy Whipping Cream
- 0.75 Powdered Sugar
- 16 Cream Cheese (full fat)
- 0.25 Granulated Sugar
- 1 Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Nutella
- 0.75 Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Cocoa Powder (heaping)
- 2 Powdered Sugar
- 6 Ferrero Rocher Hazelnut Chocolates finely chopped
- 3 Nutella
- Prepare a 9-inch springform pan by lightly greasing the edges of the pan with cooking spray, and then wiping gently with a paper towel. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Grind the cookies into a fine crumb using a food processor or blender.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds. Pour the melted butter over the cookie crumbs and stir until the crumbs are well coated.
- Pour the crumbs into your springform pan and press firmly into the bottom and up on the sides to create a thick crust. Refrigerate the crust while you are preparing the filling.
- Place the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to chill.
- Prepare the whipped cream. Pour 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until the cream starts to thicken.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form. Set the whipped cream aside.
- Beat the softened cream cheese until it’s completely smooth. Next add the granulated sugar and vanilla extract and continue beating until smooth.
- Next add beat in the Nutella, scraping down the bowl as needed and beating until it’s well combined.
- Finally, slowly fold in the whipped cream until it’s completely incorporated. Pour the filling into the prepared crust, spreading evenly. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours minimum.
- Prepare another batch of whipped cream by placing your bowl in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until the cream starts to thicken.
- Slowly add the cocoa powder and powdered sugar and continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe the borders of the cheesecake with whipped cream using a 1M piping tip.
- Garnish with chopped Ferrero Rocher candies and drizzle with Nutella. To softened the Nutella, microwave for approximately 30 seconds and stir until it runs off your spoon.