Hello!! Today’s recipe is such an exciting one. I want to call it life-changing, but that sounds a bit dramatic. But honestly, I do think it’s kinda life-changing. If you’re like me, you’ll lose your mind over the simplicity of this easy No-Churn Peanut Butter & Jelly Ice Cream Recipe. You just wait.
I discovered recently that a person can make no-churn ice cream with only two ingredients. Did you know this?? I just found out, and my ice cream game is forever changed. I actually never had an “ice cream game” in the first place, so now I have one, and it’s a really good start.
Anyway, super simple basic homemade ice cream recipe: sweetened condensed milk and heavy cream. Whip the heavy cream into whipped cream, fold it into sweetened condensed milk, and you’ve got short-cut homemade ice cream. It’s brilliant.
You can use that simple base ice cream recipe to make an overwhelming amount of other ice cream recipes, and my mind is already churning (ha!) with a host of ways that I will adapt this basic recipe.
I would argue that one more ingredient doesn’t hurt, and that’s vanilla extract. It’s nice to have a bit of vanilla extract in the basic list of ingredients, but you can certainly do without it.
To create this No-Churn Peanut Butter & Jelly Ice Cream, I needed only three additional ingredients on top of the simple base: Nutter Butter cookies, peanut butter, and raspberry preserves (or whatever your preference when it comes to jam!).
Swirls and swirls of jam and peanut butter, broken up with crunchy bites of peanut butter sandwich cookies. This No-Churn Peanut Butter & Jelly Ice Cream is the very definition of “quick & easy,” requiring only a few minutes of prep (besides some chill time in the freezer!) and it’s also one of the very best ways to take a classic favorite combo – PB&J – and make it into a simple, delectable dessert!
No Churn Peanut Butter & Jelly Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 10 Nutter Butter Cookie coarsely chopped
- 0.5 Creamy Peanut Butter
- 0.5 Raspberry Preserves or your favorite preserves
- In a large mixing bowl, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add vanilla, and beat until just combined.
- Stirring by hand, slowly add the condensed milk to the heavy cream mixture, folding gently to combine.
- Gently fold in Nutter Butter cookies.
- Spread mixture evenly into the bottom of an 11×7-inch glass baking dish.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat the peanut butter until thin and liquidy, but not scalding hot, about 30 seconds; set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat the preserves until thin and liquidy, but not scalding hot, about 30 seconds.
- Drizzle the peanut butter and preserves over the ice cream, and swirl with a knife to lightly incorporate.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.