It may be my background, it may be my culture, but when I first stumbled upon a slutty brownie recipe, I raised my eyebrow and few thoughts came to my mind. Why that particular name? What was so mind blowing about the brownies that they have to be called slutty?
Turns out it was the mixture of chocolate chip cookie dough, Oreo cookies and fudge brownies that make them absolutely irresistible.
I still wasn’t sold on the name until I actually made these Cheesecake Bars based on that original recipe. Cheesecake makes my heart skip a beat and the idea of adding Oreo cookies to a creamy cheesecake layer definitely deserves my full attention.
Be warned, Oreo cookies don’t stay crunchy when baked in the cheesecake layer. They absorb some moisture from the cheesecake. However, the ones crumbled on top stay slightly on the crunchy side. These bars are a great a mixture of different textures and delicious berry flavors.
Looking for more decadent bar desserts? Don’t miss Karly’s Peanut Butter Marshmallow Brownies Recipe!
Oreo Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- 1 Oreo Pie Shell
- 4 Butter melted
- 16 Berry Burst Ice Cream Oreo
- 12 Cream Cheese
- 0.33 Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Pure Vanilla Extract
- 0.5 Strawberry Preserves
- 8 (Oreos crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Break up the Oreo crust, then combine it and the melted butter together in a bowl.
- Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of an 8” x 8” baking pan.
- Place 16 very berry Oreo cookies over the crust and refrigerate for five minutes.
- Place the cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Pour the filling over the chilled crust.
- Top with strawberry jam and crushed Oreo. Use a fork to make swirls of jam and cookies.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely in the pan before cutting into bars.