Long after school is back in session, the hot weather seems to continue. In fact, they’ve only just seemed to fade here. No matter the weather though, what better way to end our day than with a cool slice of Oreo Ice Cream Cake?
Ice Cream Cakes are so simple to put together. And really, you can use SO MANY combinations. Basically you line an 8×4 inch loaf pan with foil. Then you layer ice cream sandwiches and your favorite ice cream in the center. I added a crunchy layer of crushed Oreos with hot fudge sauce to my filling.
Once you have your layers done, freeze your cake for several hours or overnight. Remove from pan and frost with Cool Whip! Easy Peasy.
Think of all the combinations you can make with this simple dessert. Not only with your ice cream filling, but now they have come out with different flavors of ice cream sandwiches too! Or use Skinny Cow sandwiches and frozen yogurt to cut some calories! The sky is the limit!
I’m thinking you could even have some fun with the new vanilla flavored sandwiches and creamy, fruity sorbet. Imagine a lemon sorbet and vanilla ice cream cake! It’s so easy to customize this dessert, and since it’s no-bake, it makes an excellent alternative to pies and cakes that take up room in your holiday oven.
What combination would you make first?
Oreo Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- 6 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 2 Cookies & Cream Ice Cream (Haagen-Dazs) slightly softened
- 15 (Oreos divided
- 0.25 Hot Fudge Sauce
- 8 Cool Whip thawed
- Line an 8×4 inch loaf pan with foil. Arrange 3 ice cream sandwiches on the bottom of the pan (may need to cut one in half).
- Top with softened ice cream, spreading it smoothly over the sandwiches.
- In a large Ziploc bag, crush 12 Oreo cookies with a rolling pin. Pour crumbs into a small bowl and mix in the hot fudge sauce using a fork.
- Spread mixture over ice cream. Top with 3 more ice cream sandwiches.
- Cover with foil and freeze for several hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer and remove foil on top. Invert onto a rectangular plate. Remove foil.
- Spread thawed Cool Whip over cake.
- Crush remaining 3 Oreo cookies and sprinkle over the top of cake.
- Enjoy immediately or return to the freezer.