I’m obsessed with cracker toffee. Have you tried this amazing creation yet? Years ago my obsession started with these Brickle Bars.
Then moved onto Saltine Toffee, then I added some variations that included this Peanut Butter version, this coconut version, and this holiday Peppermint flavor.
Today, I’m back with an Oreo Toffee recipe.
It all started when I saw a video from Inside BruCrew Life and she had made a cookies and cream toffee. I had just made my Peppermint version and was itching to try another flavor.
I used my graham cracker toffee recipe as a base, but feel free to try the saltine toffee version if you prefer (so versatile).
You’ll want to add the swirls of melted white chocolate with melted semi-sweet chocolate and plenty of crushed Oreos. After all, that’s what gives this toffee its sweet appeal.
A few notes about making Oreo Toffee:
- Pan melt your butter, then add your sugar. Bring this mixture to a rolling boil.
- Line 12-13 full size graham crackers on a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking sheet.
- Pour mixture over crackers, slowly, making sure that all the crackers have been covered in butter
- Bake this for about 12-14 minutes. You want to make sure that the crackers look light brown and caramelized.
- Drop some semi-sweet morsels and some white chocolate chips over the hot crackers. Allow to sit about 3-5 minutes, then use a spatula to spread the melted chocolate over the crackers, gently. After swirling your chocolate, add your crushed cookies and allow chocolate to set.
Once the chocolate has hardened, store these in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 7 days. ENJOY!
Or, be like me, and store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container. I love the chilled texture!
Be sure to check out my other candy creations here!
Oreo Toffee Recipe
- 12 Graham Crackers
- 1 Unsalted Butter
- 0.75 Granulated Sugar
- 0.75 Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 0.75 White Chocolate Chips
- 12 (Oreos Crushed
- Line a 15x10x1-inch baking sheet with the graham crackers. Set aside. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add in sugar and bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly, boiling for one full minute.
- Pour over graham crackers. Bake in oven for about 12-14 minutes, until crackers are lightly browned and caramelized.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with both types of chocolate chips. Allow to sit for about 3-5 minutes. Using a spatula, spread melted chocolate over the crackers, until smooth. Sprinkle with crushed cookies and allow to set.
- Break into pieces and store in airtight container for up to 7 days.