What happens when the most two perfect creations ever to happen to the ENTIRE food world come together to create one X-T-R-E-M-E bite of deliciousness?
The cookie pizza. AKA: My taste buds just died and went to food heaven because every single bite of this crispety-chewy on the outside and soft and loaded with ooey-gooey-sweet chocolate chips on the inside is the ULTIMATE YUM.
The inner-raging-cookie-monster-person that I am is tryin’ REAL HARD to resist the urge to just keep shoveling every slice into my mouth, quickly side-swipe the crumbs off my face before you even notice, and deny that any cookie baking ever existed. If I DID bake you a cookie that was bigger than my WHOLE head, I would surely share with you. You must just be seeing things.
But, then I would be lying to you, and would jeopardizing everything that we have built or screen-based friendship on.
When we’re talking about cookie crust that is baked to golden brown perfection and studded with bursts of melty chocolate in every.single.bite, well, I just couldn’t sleep at night knowing that I left you OUT OF DA KNOW.
Friends. I GOT YOU.
Imagine, if you will and in the non-creepiest of ways, that you are a member of my 2.5 person household (a dog is half a person) and that chocolate chip cookies are basically your IDEAL definition of “comfort food.” Now you’re inside the mind of Mr. FFF, because they are just that to him.
I know, it’s a scary place in there.
NOW NOW NOW, take it up 3 notches (3 for effect) and imagine being served your favorite of all favorite treats, HOW-EV-ER, it’s smothered in creamy, dreamy, smooth, cashew cream with juuuuust a touch coconut-vanilla and honey sweetness.
Can we discuss cashew cream for 2 shakes of a rabbit’s tail? Or whatever that saying is. You know what I mean. It’s SUPAH easy to make BUTTTTT, if you have one of them dang-fangled high-powered blendy devices? USE IT.
You can use a small food processor, just be prepared to be buzzin’ away for what seems like an eternity to get this nice and smoothety-smooth delicious.
It’s a small price to pay for an eternity that is really, like, 10 minutes and ends with you face planting into a cookie that is larger than the size of aforementioned face.
The things we do for love. Errr…cookies.
Which is BASICALLY the same thing. I know you’re feelin’ me there.
I can see the look in your peepers that is sayin’ “wrap it up Taylor, we got cookie eating in, like, a MAJAH way to get to.”
Paleo Cookie Pizza Recipe
- 0.25 Coconut Oil Melted
- 1 Coconut Sugar
- 1 Egg White
- 0.5 Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 Almond Meal 5.4 ounces
- 1.75 Baking Powder
- 0.5 Salt
- 0.5 Dark Chocolate Chips Plus additional for topping (optional)
- 0.5 Raw Unsalted Cashews About 75 grams, that have been soaked in water for at least 8 hours
- 3 Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1.5 Honey
- 0.5 Pure Vanilla Extract
- Sea Salt
- 2 Coconut Oil Melted
- In a large bowl, beat together the melted coconut oil and coconut sugar.
- Add in the egg white and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Pour the almond meal, baking powder, and salt into the oil mixture and stir until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl in saran wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
- While the dough chills, drain the cashews and place them into a small food processor (mine is 3 cups.)
- Add in the almond milk, honey, vanilla and sea salt and blend until smooth, streaming in the melted coconut oil as you blend. Depending on the strength of your food processor, this could take a few minutes and you’ll need to stop and scrape down the sides as necessary. Once smooth, transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate to let the frosting thicken.
- Once the dough has chilled, preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Press the chilled dough onto the prepared pan so that it forms an 8 inch circle.
- Bake until the edges just appear a deep golden brown and the inside is still soft, about 19-20 minutes.
- Let cool completely on the pan.
- Once cooled, spread the cashew cream frosting over top, sprinkle with extra chocolate chips and DEVOUR IMMEDIATELY.