Pasta is a staple in my pantry because I always need easy dinners. I know I can count on putting dinner on the table quick and even the pickiest of eaters love pasta.
This dish contains Parmesan cheese, broccoli and sundried tomatoes. It has just the right amount of ingredients to jazz things up because boring dinners are not allowed in my house.
I used a fancy type of pasta that I can’t even remember the name of but ziti, penne or your favorite shaped pasta works.
The easy thing about this dinner is that I boil the pasta, then just add the broccoli the last five minutes of cooking so that there is no need to cook the broccoli in another pot or pan. I then drain the pasta and broccoli and make the sauce in the same pot.
I am not a fan of cleaning any more pots than I have to!
I am all for having a meatless Monday every week, so this is on our dinner rotation menu often. My family really doesn’t miss the meat, but if you insist on making a heartier dinner with more protein, some grilled meatballs go perfect on the side.
And speaking of grilling, I’m glad we finally have nice weather and have hit the grilling season as I like to grill pineapple for a nice light dessert. This would be a perfect dessert to swerve with a pasta dish.
If you really want to celebrate warm weather, why not make some moscato sangria? That would really turn dinner into a party.
If you are not a broccoli fan, I have used artichokes in the recipe also. I can’t make enough of this pasta, as it is the dish that my college age daughter comes home for.
She is a vegetarian, but this dish is loved by the whole family.
Parmesan Pasta Recipe
- 16 Dried Pasta (ziti, penne or your favorite type)
- 2 Broccoli trimmed and cut into florets
- 0.25 Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic crushed
- 0.66 Sundried Tomatoes chopped
- 0.5 Heavy Cream
- 0.5 Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Dried Basil
- In a large pot of boiling water on medium high heat, cook the pasta according to package instructions or until ala dente.
- Add the broccoli florets the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Drain and reserve one cup of the pasta water.
- Add the olive oil to the pot on medium heat and stir in garlic.
- Cook for two to three minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the sundried tomatoes, cream, parmesan cheese, pasta water and basil. Stir well and cook for a few minutes or until sauce starts to thicken.
- Put the pasta, broccoli and sauce in a large bowl and toss well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.