I’m a sucker for sweet breads. If I’m being completely honest, I’m a sucker for all sweets. I’ll admit I have one heck of a sweet tooth. I like sugar, I’ll admit it freely and readily.
My Mom made amazing banana bread when I was young. I have so many memories of her making her banana bread for us. We’d gobble it right up and ask her to make more.
It’s kind of funny thinking back because my Mom was not a great cook. She really did not have a natural knack for it. She never cared enough to learn how to cook. It was never her thing.
She could make certain things well though. Not only did she rock the banana bread, she made amazing shepherd’s pie as well. Her homemade French fries were literally the best on the face of the planet.
It was always her peanut butter cookies, and her banana bread that us kid went crazy for though. Our friends would come over and it was always asked immediately if she’d made either recently.
Certain times of the year I think of my mom more than usual. I’m sure most people are like that when they lose people. Certain dates come with significance and memories attached. It’s pretty normal.
Since I was thinking about my mom, I decided to whip up a few batches of banana bread. One of them is this lovely peanut butter chocolate banana bread, made with Reese’s chocolate peanut butter spread. These mini loaves were amazing.
I highly recommend you make this as soon as possible. These are super easy to make and you can jazz them up any way you like. Add a little of this, or a little of that. Go for it. Get creative and fun.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
- 1.33 All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Baking Powder
- 0.5 Salt
- 0.33 Butter
- 1 Granulated Sugar
- 2 Egg Beaten
- 1 Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Spread
- 3 Banana Mashed
- 1 Chocolate Chips
- 1 Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a mini loaf pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Combine your flour, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl. Sift the ingredients one time.
- In a separate bowl combine the butter and sugar together, mix until well combined and creamy.
- Add the eggs and beat the mixture until fluffy.
- Add the Reese’s peanut butter chocolate spread, mix well.
- Add your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients slowly, about 1/3 at a time. Mix between additions. Add mashed bananas, chocolate chips and walnuts. Use a wooden spoon and mix by hand, (not with a mixer) just until incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into your greased mini loaf pan. They should be about 3/4 full.
- Place the pan on the middle rack in the oven. Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes. You want the tops to be golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Invert the pan over a cutting board, and remove loaves carefully. Place them, tops up, on a baking rack to cool.
- Serve with a big old banana bread loving smile!