When I applied to be a fanatic, I was thinking I should just do appetizers, because that’s what I love. After I made this apricot, fontina and chocolate grilled cheese sandwich for the blog, it occurred to me that I love sandwiches just as much.
I mean, what’s not to love about a sandwich? They are usually quick, simple and have portion control built right in.
Aside from all that, they are fun to make and fun to eat; and the possibilities are endless! And this is how I became the Sandwich Fanatic.
I’ve never looked back.
I truly think if it weren’t for Food Fanatic, I wouldn’t be here telling you about my cookbook. Food Fanatic gave me a platform to get really creative with sandwiches.
A publisher noticed these lemon curd and mascarpone grilled cheese sandwiches on Pinterest and approached me about a book. I immediately knew that if I was going to go through with this, I had to do a book about sandwiches, and thus Sandwiched was born!
I’ll be honest, I thought long and hard about whether or not I really wanted to do a cookbook. But I knew this book would be something my kids would have forever; it will be something they can share with their own kids.
Blogs come and go on the Internet, but a book is something you can really hold onto!
This cookbook has truly been a labor of love. I have my favorite sandwiches; the Bahn Mi, the chicken parmesan sliders, and the bourbon banana waffle sandwiches are standouts in my mind.
One of my most favorite recipes is this one for peanut butter-filled chocolate chip sandwich cookies. These are sinfully delicious!
The cookies have the texture of a brownie; they are soft and chewy. They are on the thin side, but they are solid enough to hold in the rich peanut butter filling.
The filling is light and fluffy with just a sprinkling of chocolate chips. Peanut butter and chocolate will always be a winning combination, which is why these sandwich cookies are irresistible!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Sandwich Cookies Recipe
- 4 Semisweet Chocolate
- 1 Butter
- 2 All-Purpose Flour
- 0.125 Salt
- 0.125 Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 0.33 Granulated Sugar
- 0.5 Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 Butter Softened
- 0.33 Creamy Peanut Butter
- 0.75 Powdered Sugar
- 1 Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 Milk
- 2 Mini Chocolate Chips
- In a small saucepan, combine chocolate and butter. Heat over low heat until both have melted. Stir until smooth and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour. Baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs, sugar and vanilla until mixture begins to thicken. Stir in cooled chocolate mixture followed by flour mixture.
- Beat until combined. Let batter stand for 10 minutes in order to thicken up.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Drop dough by tablespoon full about onto a lined baking sheet, keeping each cookie about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until edges are set and cookies are slightly cracked.
- Let cool for 1 minute before removing to a cooling rack.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter and peanut butter beating until smooth.
- Very slowly mix in powdered sugar, one cup at a time mixing well after each addition.
- Add in milk and beat until frosting is spreadable consistency, adding more milk if necessary. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Pipe or spread a generous spoonful of frosting over the bottoms of 6 cookies.
- Top each with remaining cookies.