These Strawberry Oatmeal Bars are so easy to make and are ideal for breakfast on the go, dessert or a satisfying snack! A true family favorite, they are great for kids’ lunch boxes and a good way to include nutritious oats in their daily diets!
Make a glaze
- Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl, adding a little extra milk if you prefer a thinner consistency.
- Drizzle over the cooled oatmeal bars.
Maple and Cinnamon Glaze
- Combine the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add more or less water to achieve the consistency you prefer, then drizzle over the bars.
Brown Sugar Glaze
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Stir in the brown sugar and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Stir in the milk and (still stirring!) return to boil.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool to lukewarm, then add the powdered sugar a little at a time, beating well to make sure the mixture is smooth.
- For a thicker glaze, add more powdered sugar – but if it’s TOO thick, you can add a little more warm water.
Make your own strawberry filling
- Just stir the ingredients together in a bowl, then use in the recipe below in place of the preserves.
How to store your oatmeal bars
Pioneer Woman Strawberry Oatmeal Bars Recipe
- 1.75 Butter cold, cut into pieces
- 1.5 All-Purpose Flour
- 1.5 Old Fashioned Oats quick or regular
- 1 Brown Sugar
- 1 Baking Powder
- 0.25 Salt
- 1 Strawberry Preserves
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Butter a 9 x 13 or 8 x 10 baking dish.
- Mix the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt together.
- Now mix in the butter with a pastry cutter until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gently pour in half this mixture into the pan and pat lightly to pack it a little tightly.
- Spoon strawberry preserves over the surface. Keep it even.
- With a dinner knife, carefully spread it around.
- Sprinkle the other half of the oat mixture over the top and pat lightly once again.
- Bake until light golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and let cool in pan.
- Cut into squares and serve. ENJOY!