I love baking, especially in the cooler months. One of my favorites to make is classic beer bread, and this time I decided to give it a pizza twist!
We can never have too much pizza in our house, so I love giving food the pizza treatment, like my Pizza Baked Potatoes.
Let’s talk about the amazing smell that is this cheesy pepperoni pizza beer bread. It’s the first thing my husband noticed when he walked in the door.
The smell as it is baking is incredible! My mouth was literally watering and I could not wait to get my hands on a piece…or four.
These are like the best cheesy breadsticks ever. Actually, now I’m imagining how epic it would be to make a grilled cheese sandwich with two slices of this bread!
It actually smells like a pizza as it is baking. And while the taste is similar, the texture and experience is completely different.
The bread is tender with crispy edges all around and the yeasty aroma of beer adds subtle depth of flavor.
Plus, this bread is so quick and easy since it doesn’t require yeast! That’s right, no kneading or waiting for dough to rise.
Simply mix all the ingredients together, spread in a pan, bake and you’re done. It’s my new go-to recipe for pizza night.
The marinara dipping sauce is completely optional, but who doesn’t love to dip food?
You can use any beer you wouldn’t mind drinking, or seltzer water if you can’t use beer (the alcohol burns off). Just keep in mind the flavor will slightly change depending what you use.
I used a German wheat beer.
I have two tips to ensure your pizza bear bread turns out tender and delicious. First, measure your flour by lightly spooning it into your cup and leveling off.
No dip and scoop method here or you’ll end up with dry, crumbly bread. I even sift mine after measuring for extra fluff.
Secondly, once you add the beer, stir the ingredients just until moistened. Any longer and you’ll end up with bread that’s dense and tough.
Be careful not to overbake and start testing for doneness at 40 minutes. That’s it! The perfect pizza beer bread is yours to eat.
Pizza Beer Bread Recipe
- 3 All-Purpose Flour sifted
- 2 Granulated Sugar
- 1 Baking Powder
- 1 Salt
- 0.5 Garlic Powder
- 1.5 Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1 Mini Pepperoni or chopped pepperoni
- 12 Ounce Bottle of Beer
- 4 Melted Butter divided
- 1 Parmesan Cheese (Shredded)
- 0.5 Italian Seasoning
- Marinara Sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 9×5 bread loaf pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and garlic powder. Mix in cheese and pepperoni, stirring to coat.
- Make a well in the center and add the beer. Stir just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Take 2 tablespoons of the melted butter and pour into bottom of bread pan in an even layer. Spoon dough into pan and level smooth with a spatula.
- Top bread with remaining 2 tablespoons of melted butter, then sprinkle with parmesan and Italian seasoning.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the top comes out clean or with a few crumbs. Remove from pan and let cool on a wire rack. Slice bread or cut into cubes, serve warm with marinara sauce, if desired.