This pizza dip has been a family favorite since we first tried it at a friend’s birthday party nearly 20 years ago. It’s so quick and easy to prepare and tastes just like pizza in dip-able form!
There’s no crust to fuss with, so even kids can make this with little assistance. Plus, it can be warmed in either the oven or the microwave. To make things even easier, you can prepare this the day before and simply rewarm before serving.
I adore making hot, bubbly dips in my cast iron pan, but be sure to use a microwave-safe dish if going that route. I prepared mine in the microwave since it’s still too hot here to turn on the oven!
I love traditional pizza (Chicago style for this girl!), but I’m also a huge fan of pizza with a twist like my Pizza Baked Potatoes. Why limit pizza to a crust when there are so many delicious options?
Speaking of options, the toppings are up to your imagination. Whatever you like to eat on your pizza you can use here—crumbled sausage, mushrooms, pineapple, etc.
This is such a fun party appetizer or football snack. One of my favorite things about football season is that every Sunday is like a party and I LOVE appetizers, especially the ones with cheese. Chili Cheese Bean Dip is another insanely delicious family favorite.
I like to serve this pizza dip with sliced baguette (oven toasted, if desired) or thin, crispy breadsticks. You can also scoop with tortilla chips, crackers, pita chips or mini sweet peppers. My husband has even topped pasta with leftover dip and taken it to work for lunch!
Pizza Dip Recipe
- 8 Cream Cheese softened
- 1.5 Shredded Mozzarella Cheese divided
- 0.25 Shredded Parmesan Cheese divided
- 1 Pizza Sauce
- 2 Pepperoni chopped or sliced
- Pizza Toppings such as green pepper, olives, mushrooms, etc.
- Baguette sliced for dipping, or breadsticks, chips, or crackers
- In an 8-inch round, microwave-safe pan, spread cream cheese in even layer. Top with 1/2 cup mozzarella and 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese.
- Add pizza sauce in even layer, then top with remaining 1 cup mozzarella and 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle with pepperoni along with additional favorite pizza toppings. Microwave for 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve with bread, chips or crackers for dipping.