Nothing says fall quite like a combination of pork and apples. There is something so comforting and homey about it. This pork chop and apple recipe is a quick, easy, delicious version of that classic combo.
Thick-cut, bone-in pork chops are great because they are inexpensive and easy to find and prepare, but impressive and full of flavor, which makes them great for a weeknight meal or an easy dinner for guests.
This pork chops and apples recipe is full of deep flavor in spite of how quick it is to prepare. It is satisfying and comforting and flavorful and delicious, and we think you are going to love it!
Pork Chops with Apples Recipe
- 3 tablespoon Unsalted Butter divided
- 2 Apple peeled, cored and sliced (I like fuji or gala apples here)
- 0.5 medium (2-1/2″ dia) Onion sliced
- 3 tsp unpacked Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 Distilled Apple Cider Vinegar (Heinz)
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Egg
- 0.5 cup Breadcrumbs (I like panko style if you can get them)
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Fresh Sage chopped
- Black Pepper to taste
- Kosher Salt to taste