The easiest excuse for a muffin recipe you’ll find this fall! Pumpkin pull apart bread muffins are made using refrigerated biscuits and a filling that tastes like pumpkin pie. Each layer pulls apart, revealing buttery sweet pumpkin-spiced goodness.
I was typing out this recipe just now and used the word ‘lopsided’, and my brain instantly launched me into one of the many language debates that I have with my other half. He is a good southern fella with a drawl like nobody’s business. I was raised in the south, but my parents are transplants from the midwest, and people down here in North Carolina refer to me pretty often as “Yankee-talkin’”.
Whatever that means.
Anyway. Chad and I use totally different words for the same thing all the time. Sometimes those words vary so much that I feel like we are speaking totally different languages. ‘Lopsided’ is not such a drastic example, but it is one we argue about.
Disclaimer: these are not for real serious arguments. If you are for real serious arguing about to-may-toe versus to-mah-toe you are probably not compatible and/or need more dessert in your life.
So when I lay the layers of refrigerated biscuits all kind of crooked and hanging out of the muffin pan, I say they are LOPSIDED. My man says they are WHOPSIDED.
I just got the spell check squiggle line under the word ‘whopsided’ which tells me that Google and I are on the same page. But then Google often does not recognize the word ‘bundt’ as in bundt cake.
But I am convinced that whopsided is wrong. Right?
Can someone back me up here?
The point to all this discussion is that when making these pumpkin pull apart bread muffins, you are going to layer them in the pan so that they sort of resemble a flower. The first piece will be kind of slouched in there, almost covering the bottom and going up one side. Proceed from there to yield the easiest excuse for breakfast you will serve this fall. Lopsided or whopsided — that is the truth.
If you are looking for other delicious pumpkin recipes, you should definitely bake up a loaf of this healthy pumpkin banana bread, this dark chocolate oatmeal pumpkin bread, or try your hand at these pretty pumpkin cinnamon rolls! I also really love this brown butter pumpkin cake with vanilla bourbon glaze.
Pumpkin Pull Apart Bread Muffins Recipe
- 2 Refrigerated Flaky Biscuit Dough like “Grands” biscuits
- 1 Pumpkin (canned)
- 0.5 Granulated Sugar
- 4 Butter melted
- 1 Cinnamon
- 0.5 Nutmeg (Ground)
- 0.25 Ground Cloves
- 2 Granulated Sugar
- 0.5 Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Open both cans of biscuits and start pulling the layers apart.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the canned pumpkin, sugar, melted butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Using a standard sized muffin pan, start placing one layer into each muffin cup. You want to partially cover the bottom and go up one side, sort of lopsided in the muffin pan.
- Spoon some of the pumpkin mixture over the biscuit layer and spread it using the back of the spoon.
- Repeat this process until all your layers are used up. The muffin cups will be over full and you’ll have 3-4 biscuit layers in each cup.
- Mix together the cinnamon sugar topping and sprinkle it over the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15 – 17 minutes (check at 15!!!).
- Let them cool slightly before removing from the pan to serve.