Although I love to get creative in the kitchen, sometimes I find myself craving the simple, classic recipes that have been in my recipe box for years.
Even though I’ve made Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies more times than I care to admit, we never seem to get tired of them. There’s just something about these poppable chocolate peanut butter cookies that always makes them a crowd favorite.
I think everyone’s probably made them once, but I promise you, they’re worth a revisit. Pure nostalgia in every single nibble.
And let’s be honest, is there a better way to brighten someone’s day than with cookies — especially a cookie with a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup center? I think not. Seriously, I dare you to eat just one!
I love to make these for the holidays. Cookie trays are always a big deal when Christmas rolls around, and it’s almost a competition to bring the absolute best cookie!
I think it’s hard to compete with these Reese’s peanut butter cookies, though. They’re a lot like the popular kiss cookies, but full of yummy, peanut-buttery goodness. There’s no competition when these little cookies are around.
These cookies are really quick to make, too. The only special equipment you need is a mini muffin pan to form that perfect cup shape. You can get your kids to help by rolling the cookie balls, or letting them unwrap all of your peanut butter cups.
Maybe unwrap a few extra for popping into your mouth while waiting for the cookies to bake. For quality assurance, of course. You can even try using those new peanut butter cups with Reese’s Pieces stuffed inside for extra peanut butter power!
Whether you’re looking for a quick chocolate fix or a great way to earn some brownie points with your boss and coworkers, I promise, Reese’s peanut butter cookies are definitely the way to go.
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- 1.75 All-Purpose Flour
- 0.5 Salt
- 1 Baking Soda
- 0.5 Unsalted Butter softened
- 0.5 Sugar
- 0.5 Light Brown Sugar
- 0.5 Peanut Butter
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- 1 Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Milk
- 40 Miniature Peanut Butter Cups
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, salt and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, cream together the butter, sugars, and peanut butter until light and fluffy – about 3 minutes. Add in egg, vanilla and milk. Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually add the dry ingredients into the peanut butter mixture – mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Shape dough into 40 1-inch balls. Place a dough ball into each well of the prepared mini muffin pan. Take care not to press the dough balls into the wells, simply drop the dough balls into the wells.
- Bake cookies in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove pan from oven and immediately press a miniature Reese’s peanut butter cup into the center of each ball. Place pan on cooling rack and allow cookies to cool completely. Carefully remove cookies from pan.