Quinoa is always been my favorite type of salad. If you read my blog often you must have been lots of different quinoa salad made with veggies, beans and even fruits. I always try to create quinoa salads with all kinds of ingredients, and one of my favorites is my black bean quinoa mango salad. I totally love the salt and sweet combo especially in salads because it adds much more flavor into it.
However, this is the first time I made quinoa salad with red cabbage and shrimp. I’ve never thought it was going to be so delicious and yummy, but actually it is. I am saying it because the sautéed shrimp combines really well with the red cabbage and quinoa.
For me this salad is a winner to have during your lunch break since in fact it is a complete meal. Why I am saying that? Because, it is packed with nutrients from the raw red cabbage and bell pepper and also there are lots of protein in there from the quinoa and the shrimp itself.
So, you’ve gotten a complete, healthy and delicious meal to have on-the-go. What more do we need? Nothing!! It is unbelievable how it healthy can be actually really easy and delicious, don’t you agree?
Of course we cannot forget to talk about the quick easy homemade vinaigrette that can be used in almost every single salad you make. For this dressing you just need to have good quality olive oil and fresh lemon. They are the basics of it, and really makes this salad tastes even better.
I know the shrimp is already full of flavor because quinoa only tastes good when we add some dressing in there. But don’t worry, because this dressing is very light and it wont take the taste of the garlic sauté shrimp in there. You will be able to taste both flavors from the salad dressing and from the shrimp.
This recipe is really worth a try. Please, let me know if you made this salad and what you think about it. Hope you enjoy it.
Shrimp Quinoa Salad Recipe
- 1 Olive Oil
- 1 Raw Shrimp
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Garlic
- 2 Cooked Quinoa
- 3 Shredded Red Cabbage
- 0.5 Red Bell Pepper Diced
- 0.5 Black Beans Drained
- 2 Green Onions Diced
- 3 Homemade Vinaigrette Dressing
- In a large bowl, add shrimp, garlic, salt and pepper and half of the olive oil. Toss well to coat evenly. In a sauté pan, heat the remaining olive oil over medium heat. Add the shrimp mixture and sauté for about 2 minutes each side. Set it aside.
- Place the cooked quinoa in a large bowl and add red cabbage, red bell peppers and black beans.
- Pour the homemade vinaigrette dressing over the quinoa salad and stir to combine.
- Add the shrimp and garnish with green onions before serving.