Lasagna is one of the classic meals that has held up against the test of time.
My parents grew up eating lasagna, I grew up eating lasagna and my kids are growing up with lasagna.
It’s one of the recipes that tend to satisfy most people.
This is what I love about lasagna:
1. It is such a hearty dish. The layers of meat, cheese and all that sauce make this a stick-to-your-ribs sort of meal.
2. This is the meal to make when you need to serve a crowd. Every lasagna recipe I have tried makes enough to feed a small army. And since it is so filling, you can serve up smaller squares.
3. The leftovers taste just as good as the day it was served and finally
4. You can make so many variations of traditional lasagna. You can use ground beef or ground turkey, pepperoni or Italian sausage.
You can add spinach or other veggies and you can vary the cheese. Lasagna is almost the perfect meal.
This is what I do not like about lasagna. It is NOT a quick recipe.
You need to plan ahead if you are going to make lasagna.
1. You have to prep the meat, work on each layer and then allow time for the lasagna to bake.
2. This dish is not the best for small families. Even if you like leftovers, you’ll be eating lasagna for days.
3. Lasagna is not an ideal dish for those who are lactose intolerant or who just don’t care for cheese (like my own kids). So I’ve decided to make a lasagna recipe that takes what I love about lasagna and eliminates what I don’t like.
This skillet lasagna recipe is made in less than 30 minutes and in only one pan!
This recipe only requires a handful of ingredients and I’ll bet you have them in your kitchen already!
Sprinkle cheese on top and broil until bubbly if desired or just serve as in.
It is family pleasing and easy for busy nights!
Skillet Meatball Lasagna Recipe
- 1 Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic
- 2 Italian Seasoning
- 0.25 Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Diced Tomatoes
- 32 Vegetable Broth
- 1 Cavatappi
- Mini Meatballs
- 1 Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 0.25 Ricotta Cheese Optional
- Heat olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic, seasoning and pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes and veggie broth into the skillet and bring to a low boil.
- Add mini meatballs and pasta. Cover.
- Cook until pasta is tender and meatballs are cooked about 12 minutes.
- Preheat broiler to low. Sprinkle skillet with mozzarella and ricotta if using and broil for 5 minutes or until bubbly.