I am deeeeeeeeep into chili mode over here.
Now that it is refreshingly cool and we are about a week into October, I feel reinvigorated.
There’s something about the change in seasons that sets my soul on fire with happiness, particularly when it comes to the summer to fall transition.
It is finally the time to dive into comfort food face first, and that means one thing to me.
All. The. CHILI.
I have to admit, there was a time I didn’t enjoy chili. This I have to attribute back to my college days when I was broke AF and a microwave potato plus a can of chili and cheddar cheese was a “good homemade meal.”
Yea, I know. Not exactly my finest moment. This was before I knew what cooking for myself and good food really was. Don’t judge me too harshly ok?
Once I learned how to make true, made-from-scratch chili, my mind was blown. It was like I discovered a piece of my soul that had been missing all my life.
I know I sound like how I usually do when speaking of guacamole, but chili truly is my comfort food on a chilly night.
A bowl of piping hot chili, mixed in with a variety of toppings and filled with a bunch of different textures and flavors is as good as life gets in my book.
I used to only make one kind of chili, but for the past few years, I’ve been experimenting with different flavor profiles.
This year, I think I have gone a little chili crazy, but every new recipe I make has been SO incredible I simply can’t stop myself from sharing it with you.
If you like to add tons of cheese in your chili, you are going to totally swoon over this creamy, dreamy chicken chili because you understand the importance of that sumptuousness in every single spoonful.
There are so many layers of flavors and textures in this recipe. You get a slow cooked flavorful chicken that’s cooked for hours so it becomes so unbelievably tender.
The beans and green chiles provide the texture, as well as a touch of heat.
Then you get the tang of cream cheese and extra boost from heavy cream so that it becomes a creamy bowl full of goodness.
Top with added cheese and jalapenos for more sharpness and spice if you want! With the sliced avocado on top, it becomes an extra hearty dish that you are going to want to dive into the moment you get home from work.
So what’s your ultimate comfort food for the fall season??
Slow Cooker Creamy White Chicken Chili Recipe
- 1 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 Salt
- 0.5 Black Pepper
- 1 Cumin
- 0.5 Oregano
- 0.5 Chili Powder
- 0.25 Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 0.5 Yellow Onion diced
- 2 Garlic minced
- 1 Great Northern Beans drained (15 ounces)
- 2 Diced Green Chiles
- 1 Black Beans drained
- 30 Chicken Broth
- 1 Fresh Cilantro chopped
- 4 Reduced Fat Cream Cheese softened
- 0.25 Heavy Cream
- Minced Fresh Jalapeño
- Avocado sliced
- Minced Fresh Cilantro
- Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Add chicken breasts to bottom of slow cooker. Top with salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Top with diced onion, minced garlic, great Northern beans, green chiles, black beans, chicken broth and cilantro. Stir.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours. You can also cook this on LOW for 8 hours, if desired.
- Remove chicken to large mixing bowl, then shred with two forks. Return the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Add cream cheese and heavy cream, stirring to combine. Cover and cook on HIGH for an additional 15 minutes, or until the chili is creamy and slightly thickened.
- Stir well and serve with toppings.