You may have seen this super popular saltine cracker toffee recipe I made last year? Maybe you have already given it a try?!
Well, I’m back with another delicious cracker toffee recipe. And just like these brickle bars, I used graham crackers for the base!
But, instead of topping these with chocolate and pecans I went with a s’mores inspired treat. These treats get removed from the oven after 10 minutes.
You’ll then top them with marshmallows and Hershey bars and stick them back in the oven until the marshmallow begins to brown.
Allow them to cool completely before breaking them into pieces. I learned the hard way and burned the tips of my fingers on the hot marshmallow! OUCH.
Much like a real s’mores, though, right? Don’t tell me you’ve never stuck that hot marshmallow in your mouth and burned the entire roof of your mouth in one bite?!
It’s part of the reason I hate outdoor s’mores. I know. I do. I admit it.
The idea of giving my kids a long stick to cook a marshmallow over an open flame is one thing. But when they shove that ball of fire (because we all know it happens to them at least once during the s’mores making process) into my face and say “YUCK IT’S RUINED” and now you have a crying child with a flame thrower in their hand….
Need I go on?
I’d much rather just put them to bed and enjoy sitting by the fire with a batch of this S’mores Cracker Toffee instead.
Hey, I never said I was a perfect mom!
I might even share these with my kids since it makes such a big pan. These are a great treat for a family party or sleepover!
And I think you’re going to love the sweet toffee base with the gooey marshmallow and chocolate topping! ENJOY!
A few quick tips:
S’mores Cracker Toffee Recipe
- 1 Graham Crackers
- 0.75 Unsalted Butter
- 0.75 Granulated Sugar
- 1 Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 Milk Chocolate Bar Broken into pieces
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay graham crackers in a single layer to cover the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add in sugar and bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly. Once boiling, pour over graham crackers.
- Place in oven on middle rack and cook for 10 minutes. Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over the top and add the chocolate pieces. Return to the oven for an additional 2-4 minutes, until marshmallows begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely. Once cooled, cut into bite sized pieces and enjoy. Store in airtight container.