Confession time. I’ve never been super in love with chocolate. I know, I know – you’re thinking how crazy I must be.
Like how can I possibly be someone who blogs about pies and sweets and doesn’t love chocolate. Well in my defense, I have met others like myself.
There aren’t many of us, but we are out there lurking among the regular chocolate lovers of the world, ordering lemon desserts and avoiding M&M’s like the plague.
Surprisingly enough, every now and then I will get a craving for a piece of dark chocolate. I guess all that chocolate-hating has made me a little bitter. Haha, see what I did there? Ok, maybe a little too much.
Alright next confession, I’ve only been camping once and it was terrible. I won’t go into too many details but it involved over 100 degree temperatures and a really, really long drive.
Ok where am I going with all this? Despite being an alien chocolate-hater and being slightly scared of ever going camping again, I really, really like s’mores! What!
Even though camping freaks me out, when I think of the possibility of making s’mores around a camp fire, I get a weird nostalgic feeling about how fun camping could be… maybe. Just maybe.
But s’mores man, life changing! Ooey, gooey marshmallows smeared on graham crackers with a little of chocolate, I’m in!
While it may be camping season everywhere else in the US, it is way too hot right now in Texas. So I had to figure out another way to get my dreams of ooey, gooey marshmallows! Enter s’mores pie.
Great things about this pie include that you can choose the sweetness of your chocolate and no campfire is needed to achieve marshmallow dreams! Rejoice!
I used a combination of milk chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate, but you can go all milk chocolate or mix in some dark, totally up to you! Now go make this pie and get a taste of the campfire without all the hassle!
S’mores Pie Recipe
- 2 Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 7 Unsalted Butter
- 6 Semisweet Chocolate Finely chopped
- 6 Milk Chocolate Finely chopped
- 2 Unsalted Butter Diced into pieces
- 0.66 Heavy Cream
- 3 Egg White
- 0.75 Granulated Sugar
- 0.125 Cream Of Tartar
- 0.5 Pure Vanilla Extract
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with melted butter.
- Press firmly into pie pan and bake at 350°F for 9-10 minutes.
- Set aside and let cool.
- Finely chop chocolate morsels.
- Bring cream to a gently boil, do not let curdle.
- Combine butter, chocolate and cream in mixing bowl. Stir until well combined. The heat from the cream should melt ingredients together.
- Pour chocolate into crust. Cover and let cool in the fridge for 45 minutes.
- Combine egg whites and sugar in a heatproof bowl over a pot of boiling water. Stir constantly until mixture reaches 160 degrees.
- Remove from stove, add cream of tartar and beat mixture in a stand mixer for 7-9 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
- Spread meringue over chocolate pie.
- Toast topping in oven under broiler on high until slightly brown.
- Pie will keep for 2-3 days in the fridge.