I’ve been cooking up noodle bowls left and right these days. Mainly because Japanese Soba noodles are a new love of mine.
Here’s why: soba noodles are delicious (who doesn’t love noodles?), yet they also happen to be filled with healthy fiber and protein.
Even better: soba noodle bowls are ridiculously easy to prepare. Just toss the Soba into a boiling pot of water, and the noodles are tender and cooked in about three minutes!
So these noodle bowls are perfect for a hectic weekday evening. I keep most of the ingredients – like sesame oil, peanut butter, peanuts and soy sauce – stocked in my pantry.
And I keep a package of frozen mixed stir-fry vegetables in my freezer. So on a busy night, I can throw the ingredients together and have a healthy, amazing-tasting, complete meal ready in about 15 minutes.
Talk about an easy dinner!
Bonus: in addition to being packed with nutrition, this noodle bowl recipe is also vegan, meaning it’s low in saturated fat with no cholesterol.
Here’s how quick and simple this noodle bowl recipe is: just sauté some garlic in olive oil, then add a thawed frozen mixed blend of stir-fry vegetables.
Next, toss in some soy sauce and some all-natural peanut butter (with no salt and sugar added) to create a creamier, richer sauce. Then add a bit of honey for a hint of sweetness and some roasted peanuts for a delicious crunch.
Last step: toss in some cooked Soba noodles and some chopped green onions for freshness.
Then enjoy a nice, warm, heaping bowl of slightly salty, slightly sweet, richly flavored deliciousness! I love how the sauce in this noodle bowl recipe is rich and slightly creamy from the peanut butter.
And – to make the noodle bowls even more fun to eat – the roasted peanuts add the most scrumptious crunch.
I love that these noodles bowls are a complete meal that’s delicious, nutrition-filled, and unique; plus easy enough to prepare even on the busiest and most hectic of days!
Soba Noodle Stir Fry Recipe
- 4 Sesame Oil
- 2 Garlic Minced
- 16 Frozen Mixed Stir-fry Vegetable Blend Thawed
- 2.5 Organic Soy Sauce
- 1.5 Natural Peanut Butter No sugar or salt added
- 1 Organic Honey Or agave
- 3 Green Onions Chopped
- 0.25 Roasted Peanuts
- 6 Japanese Buckwheat Soba Noodles (Roland)
- Bring 2-3 quarts of water to a light boil in a large saucepan.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat and add the garlic. Cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the thawed stir-fry vegetables and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the Soba noodles to the saucepan containing the boiling water. Cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the soy sauce, peanut butter, and honey to the skillet containing the vegetables. Stir until well combined. Add the chopped green onions and peanuts, stir, and turn off the heat. Add the cooked Soba noodles and stir until everything is well combined. Serve.