The red restaurant salsas are always flavorful and have just the right touch of heat, but after a while, you feel like you’ve tasted them all.
There’s no wow factor that makes you sit up a little straighter and say “holy cow, now that’s some good freakin’ salsa!”
This was the main reason I converted to guacamole instead of salsa.
Why feel the need to indulge in the same salsa over and over again, when I could seek comfort in a giant bowl of tasty guacamole?
That is, until now.
My friends, I have found the ultimate salsa to get you out of your restaurant-style salsa rut. Spicy avocado chimichurri salsa is the happy marriage of a fiery salsa and a chunky guacamole.
It’s got the heat and fresh flavors of a typical salsa, wrapped up with big chunks of avocado that give you a smooth, creamy finish to every bite. Making it the perfect love child of salsa and guacamole.
I must warn you, you might not be able to go back to just one after trying this!
Not only does this salsa pair well with a classic chip and dip combo, it goes well with chicken, steak and even salmon.
It’s so versatile and it brings so much flavor to a plain ol’ grilled chicken breast.
Just top your favorite entrée with a little of this magical salsa and your taste buds will thank you for it. Trust me.
This is one of those ‘secret weapon’ recipes that you can pull out at a moment’s notice to kick up your next party or date night in.
You’re only 5 minutes away from this bowl of sunshine and happiness…
Spicy Avocado Chimichurri Salsa Recipe
- 0.5 Fresh Parsley Leaves Packed
- 0.5 Fresh Cilantro Leaves Packed
- 3 Garlic Minced
- 0.5 Salt
- 1 Dried Oregano
- 0.5 Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 0.33 Fresh Lime Juice
- 0.5 Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Hass Avocado Peeled, pitted and chopped
- Pulse parsley, cilantro, garlic, salt, oregano, and red pepper flakes in a food processor until smooth. Add lime juice and olive oil and pulse until well combined.
- Add the chimichurri sauce and avocado to a large bowl and stir gently to combine.
- Serve with tortilla chips.