Entertaining guests is one of my very favorite things to do. I love having people over to hang out, enjoy a tasty cocktail and of course, I love cooking for everyone. But entertaining can be a lot of work sometimes! So I always appreciate having an easy appetizer recipe like this Spinach Artichoke Dip Stuffed Bread.
I enjoy serving a variety of finger foods that are easy to much on while chatting. Cinnamon Nachos with Strawberry Salsa are always a crowd pleaser. Cinnamon-kissed tortilla chips perfect for dipping in a sweet, fragrant strawberry thyme salsa. Another recipe that’s always in high demand is my Monte Cristo Pull Apart Bread. Layers of dough, ham, turkey and Swiss cheese complete with a dusting of powdered sugar and jam for dipping. Just like the sandwich but you can share it with a crowd.
Taking classic recipes like chips and salsa or a Monte Cristo sandwich and reimagining them in a different way is always fun and ultimately, that’s the inspiration behind this Spinach Artichoke Dip Stuffed Bread recipe. Warm, cheesy spinach artichoke dip served with crusty bread pieces, perfect for dipping into that bowl of deliciousness.
But what if that dip was IN the bread? Then you could easily grab a slice and boom! Dip and bread all in one place. At first I thought I would fill crescent rolls with the dip but crescent rolls don’t quite have that crust bread thing going for them. But know what does? A long French baguette.
This is where things got fun. I hollowed out the inside of that beautiful baguette and then I made a warm, decadently cheesy spinach artichoke dip then I filled the baguette with the dip, wrapped it in foil and baked it in the oven. Once inside, the bread becomes toasty. Out of the oven, each slice is filled with melty, cheesy spinach artichoke dip inside crusty, crisp bread.
This recipe is so quick and easy to make. Taking only 20 minutes to put together, pop it in the oven and go back to your party. Pull it out and serve to your guests who will love it, slice after slice.
Spinach Artichoke Dip Stuffed Bread Recipe
- 1 French Baguette
- 0.5 Olive Oil
- 4 Garlic Minced
- 14 Artichoke Hearts Drained and chopped
- 4 Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1 Cream Cheese
- 1.5 Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut baguette into 3 even sections. Using a long knife, hollow out the inside of the baguette, removing the bread from inside but being sure to leave some bread along the edges. Set aside.
- In a large skillet set over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add garlic, artichoke hearts and spinach. Heat, stirring often until spinach has wilted. Add cream cheese and mozzarella cheese. Stir and allow the cheese to melt, stirring constantly. Once completely melted, remove from heat.
- Using a small spoon, fill each piece of hollow baguette with the artichoke cheese mixture. Line the filled bread pieces on a cutting board and gently cut into 1-inch pieces. Carefully keeping the baguette together, transfer the sliced baguette to a large long piece of foil and wrap.
- Place the baguette onto a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and serve warm.