So you may be saying, didn’t you just post a lemon raspberry danish? And I am going to say yes, yes I did.
There is a reason I did these recipes back-to-back. Fresh berries are in season and I want to use as many of them as I can before they are all gone!
What better way to use them then in breakfast pastries!
For the last two months I’ve spent a lot of time at my parents’ home, nursing my mother back to excellent health. While I was there, I made my family some danishes.
I really love the lemon-flavored ones, but decided to give strawberry a chance.
The first time I made theses I just did a plain cream cheese and added fresh strawberries. The second time I made them I cooked some strawberries under the cream cheese.
This was the perfect way to make them. It gives you a more scrumptious bite every time!
Making the pastry is pretty simple. Your puff pastry needs to be thawed. It only needs to be at room temperature for about twenty minutes.
This is easily done while you heat your oven and make your filling. Each puff pastry sheet will be cut into four large squares so you will have eight pastries in total.
You can absolutely make your squares smaller, which I did lots of times!
For the filling you only need two ingredients; the cream cheese and sugar. I do recommend that your cream cheese be at room temperature. It really helps with whipping in the sugar.
Also, try not to add more than two tablespoons to the tops of your danishes. It will start to overflow during the cooking process.
Lastly do not skip the egg wash! It helps keep the pastry in place because it will rise a lot while cooking, but will deflate when cooling off.
The egg wash also makes it have that lovely golden-brown coloring to these strawberry cream cheese danishes!
Strawberry Cream Cheese Danish Recipe
- 2 Puff Pastry thawed
- 8 Cream Cheese softened
- 4 Granulated Sugar
- 8 Fresh Strawberries
- Egg Wash
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl add cream cheese and sugar. Beat on medium high until creamy.
- Cut each pastry sheet into 4 squares. Lay on baking sheet. Fold the corners toward the center. Press down on the edges of the corners. Brush each corner with egg wash.
- Place 3 sliced strawberries in center of each pastry.
- Top strawberries with 2 tablespoons of cream cheese to the center of each pastry. Brush the remaining uncovered pastry with egg wash.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Top with fresh strawberries. Serve and ENJOY!