I am excited to be a new contributor here! I’m Erin, and I normally write over at Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts. I firmly believe that more people need to take time out of their busy schedules to make dinner at home, and sit down as a family.
I am here to share some great recipe with you, and show you just how easy it can be. I know everyone is busy, but taking 20-30 minutes to make a meal is just about what it takes to get pizza delivered or to go pick up take out. So why not make something nutritious and enjoy time with your family instead!
Today I made a quick and easy pasta. It happens to be meat free, but adding some grilled chicken or shrimp would be as easy addition to make it even more filling. Whole wheat pasta is a great way to get some extra protein and fiber into your family’s diet, without sacrificing on taste.
This sundried tomato pasta came together in about 20 minutes, and then we were sitting down to dinner. Add some crusty bread, or side salad and you have a complete meal. The leftovers were great the next day for lunch as well.
Speaking of delicious bread, we’re pretty sure this Homemade Red Lobster Biscuit Recipe would be great alongside Erin’s Sundried Tomato Pasta.
Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Recipe
- 1 Whole Wheat Linguine (Buitoni)
- 1 Pasta Water reserved
- 3 Olive Oil
- 4 Garlic minced
- 0.5 Sundried Tomatoes chopped
- 29 Diced Tomatoes (2 14.5 oz cans)
- 3 Tomato Paste
- 1 Sugar
- 0.5 Plain Greek Yogurt
- 0.25 Light Sour Cream
- 1 Baby Spinach
- 0.5 Crushed Red Pepper
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 1 cup of water before draining.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sundried tomatoes. Sauté a couple minutes, until fragrant. Reduce heat to medium, and add diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir until well combined. Mix in sugar.
- In a small bowl combine Greek yogurt and sour cream. Whisk into tomato mixture. Increase heat to medium-high and let simmer for 5-7 minutes, it will start to thicken slightly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and add the crushed red pepper flakes. Mix in the baby spinach, it will take about a minute for the spinach to wilt. Once the spinach is wilted toss with the cooked pasta. Add water ¼ cup at a time, if necessary to get to your desired consistency.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired.