It’s almost summer here! Well, in my mind it’s IS summer because my kids are out of school.
This school year seemed to fly by so fast. As I get older, the faster the years seem to roll by. Is it just me? We officially have a Senior in High School, a Freshman in High School and a 7th grader (not to mention our Marine J)!
One of our favorite ways to celebrate summer is going to the local ice cream shop
daily. Seriously, I could live on ice cream in the summertime! While normally I get a waffle cone with whatever flavor I’m craving that day, I will sometimes opt for a caramel sundae. I love big spoonfuls of hot caramel sauce!
Today’s fudge recipe, as I described it over on Instagram, is like eating the bottom of a vanilla sundae with the melted ice cream and puddle of caramel sauce. It’s the best bite of the sundae in my opinion.
Making fudge is super easy if you haven’t done it before. This version uses NO candy thermometer. Easy right?
A few notes about today’s recipe:
- Have your 8 or 9 inch square baking dish lined with parchment paper before you begin. You’ll need to work fast in the end.
- Boil your butter, sugar, cream and salt on medium high heat. Bring it to a ROLLING boil and continue stirring for 4 minutes.
- I add the marshmallow cream and white chocolate chips to a mixing bowl before beginning. Once the butter mixture has boiled for 4 minutes, pour that over the white chocolate and marshmallow. Using your electric mixer, you will only have to give it a few whirls for about 30 seconds until the white chocolate chips are melted.
- I melted my caramels in a glass bowl with a teaspoon of heavy cream, in the microwave. Once the white chocolate was melted, I poured the melted caramel into the bowl. Gave it one stir with a wooden spoon then immediately poured it into my prepared baking dish
- Allow your fudge to chill in the refrigerator for about 4 hours until firm. Cut into pieces and enjoy!
Check out some of my other favorite truffle and candy recipes!
White Chocolate Caramel Fudge Recipe
- 2 Granulated Sugar
- 0.75 Heavy Whipping Cream
- 0.75 Unsalted Butter
- Kosher Salt
- 1 White Chocolate Chips
- 1 Marshmallow Fluff
- 2 Caramel Bits Or unwrapped caramels
- 1 Heavy Cream
- Line an 8 or 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl (for a stand mixer), add white chocolate chips and the jar of marshmallow cream. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter with sugar, heavy cream and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture begins to boil. Boil for 4 minutes, stirring continuously.
- While mixture is boiling, add caramel bits and 1 tsp heavy cream to a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat 3-4 times until smooth and melted (mine took a total of 2 minutes).
- Remove butter mixture from heat after 4 minutes of boiling and pour over white chocolate chips mixture in bowl.
- Beat for about one minute using the whisk attachment, just until white chocolate chips are melted.
- Add in melted caramel and stir once with wooden spoon.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours (or overnight).
- Cut into bite size pieces and enjoy.